Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is a Sacrifice really a Sacrifice?

We had a pretty neat lesson today in Sunday school. We were talking about Abraham's great (almost) sacrifice. Then our teacher asked if we've had any great sacrifices in our lives that have in turn blessed us unimaginably? I sat through class thinking about this question......... 2 years in August I thought I had made the largest sacrifice I possibly ever could. How selfish was I. My thoughts before wrestling and college in another state were.. I'm recently graduated high school, I have a good job, I just married the most amazing man ever, I live so close to my family, and I LOVE little Rexburg/Idaho Falls where we live, and how I never wanted to leave... Then we got a call offering amazing things for both of us to go to school, but we had to leave our home where we both were raised. I never ever thought we'd leave. I just figured we'd both finish school at BYUI and raise a little family where we had always lived. So we moved to little Powell, Wy. What a Sacrifice right? I struggled for months and months. Poor Landon had to go through my sobbing for a really long time ( sooo hard for me to admit :) ), but time went on I got used to being away from home. We were doing really well in school, and Landon was doing amazing in wrestling. We had an amazing home and a really awesome ward with a great calling in Primary.We both got really good jobs from the college right off the bat. Landon took 2nd in Nationals. Then we were accepted in the Nursing Program! WOW! Over the summer we made some of the best friends in the whole world! What a sacrifice I'm making right? Then we started the Nursing Program (which we LOVE). Continuing with amazing grades. We've always been financially stable and always have had enough for our needs. We have a temple 1 1/2 hours away which we try to go to as much as possible. We've met many outstanding and influential people here that have really helped us. Landon finished his wrestling career by winning 1st at Nationals this year. So many opportunities have always been right around the corner. We've been so blessed while living here. We have grown so much closer since we've moved here. Not such a sacrifice looking back. Probably one of the best decisions we've ever made. Thanks Brother Christiansen you really opened my eyes today :).

2 comments:

Cameron and Melissa Johansson said...

I absolutely love this post! It made me take a step back and look at the sacrifices I have made that have ended up blessing my life and also the selfish acts I have done! I totally know where you are coming from when it comes to moving away from family and the area you grew up in. Whenever I think about it, I always tell myself there is no way I ever will be able too. Maybe one day I will!:) Thanks so much for posting this!

Natalie said...

I am so glad you shared this! What a neat way to look at life! I think it is going to keep me thinking for the next few days!:)