That ended it for Friday night! We just hung out at the hotel that night and watched movies! We did have to have a little fun ;)
Saturday morning (The big day) Third match (semi finals) Landon wrestling a different kind of match.. I'm pretty sure it was a boxing match! Landon's opponent from Lincoln Community College kept literally punching Landon in the nose! WHAT THE HECK RIGHT! Landon obviously was gettin pretty irritated. Maybe a little more then that I saw the fury in his eyes ;). hmm.. Even scared me a little from the crowd ;). jk Landon knocked him a few times really really hard. I'm pretty sure that kid was sore the next day.
The match ended with 3 to 2 Landon winning ... Yes that one was a little nerve wracking for those of us in the crowd, but we knew he could do it. When he came to see me after the match his poor nose was so swollen :( darn it!
Daddy, Kolt, and I before Landons Final match.
Mom and Aunt Tawnya
Landon and his Uncle Willy
AHh Fourth and Final match!!! Mr. Rodger McCovey was the opponent for Northern Idaho Community College. Landon had suffered one loss from him earlier this year. The only loss this season for Landon. Boy oh boy this was the match to watch! During all the national matches I made some friends :) Imagine that right! ahah They were 4 gentlemen from Labette Kansas. SOO nice! We made an agreement that if I cheered for their boys they'd cheer for mine :). It went quite well! We got our whole group yelling for Labette Kansas boys that was a new one ;). My new friends, Daddy, and Kolt were making so much fun of me. I was a NERVOUS WRECK! I knew Landon would win, but I still was freakin! I even tore to pieces this cute little umbrella that came in these strawberry smoothies we all got! haha SOOOO yummy by the way! So Landon was up! AHHHHH they did a great little speech about Landon how he had a near perfect record, and in his college career he had 60 wins and 4 loss's WOW PRETTY MUCH AMAZING! Also he had 2 more semesters and he would graduate with his Registerd Nursing degree, but the best of all that this Nationals Final match would be his last career match!!! So first round very intense... I was shaking so bad! The one funny thing was we (my fam and my friends) were surrounded by Northern Idaho fans haha AWKWARD :). So it Sounded kinda funny when we were all screaming and be surrounded by cheering Northern Idaho people!
Back to first round NOTHING ahhhhhh it was killing me!!! Probably cuz I was wrestling for him :)! So Second round it was Rodgers choice to pick down or up. He picked up.. Either way he knew he'd get creamed if he chose down Landon would work him over and pinned him. If he chose up Landon would get away and get a point. Well thats just what happened Landon got away and received a point 1 to 0.... Oh man THIRD round was the Longest round of my life! Nothing happened until the last 47 seconds.. sad I know I still remember it was that intense! Rodger shot in.. Landon man handled him and took him down. Thats 2! Score 3 to 0 YES.. Then Landon got 2 points for having him on his back. Landon honestly could of had him pinned if there was 5 more sec he had him flat backed and all, but time ran out!! Yes I screamed like a crazy woman. I was even hanging over the edge.. haha probably should have fallen :). The ref called Landon won raised his arm ... and Landon pointed at me :) ahhh what a perfect ending! Way to end a career on top! I ran down to meet Landon he picked me up he was so stickin excited. ( Today I looked in the school paper guess who's pictures in there.. Yup Landon holding me up in the air).. It was a good one! Anyway so Landon did his podium walk received his gold metal and a huge board with brackets on it. Landon's coach handing him the winning bracket and gold medal!
The National Team
What an amazing day! Even better we were able to spend it with My Daddy, Mom, Kolt, Aunt Tawnya, and Uncle Willy! Landon had to fly home :(.. Wish he couldn't of gone with us but there was NO ROOM! haha we teased about renting a uhaul! What a sight that would have been. So we left Des Moines. To many people for me! .. We did almost die on the way home. About 7 pm that night it got slick almost instantly a car went flying past me and lost control... almost got ran over by a semi... then off into the barrow pit. then the semi went all over... Next thing I know a semi was sliding all over and just about him me ( I was driving) WOW not a fan. People were going off the road all over... So we decided to stop for the night :) In Sidney Nebraska the home of Cabela's! :) We had a lot of fun swimming in the hotel and hanging out. The next day I talked to numerous people who had major issues with the roads as well.. Of course we had to make a stop at Cabelas! SO fun! My fav was the Zebra!
We did a farewell in Rock Springs.. and off to my drive alone... Little nerve racking yes.. but I made it! Only hit 2 coyotes... Not my doing. They literally ran into the side of my car. It was crazy! I was so happy to get home though!

2 comments:
Wow! I LOVE all the pictures and the play-by-play of the wrestling matches. Sounds pretty intense! So glad he won and you can now be done with wrestling! Oh, and two fewer coyotes....no biggy!:)I am just glad the semi didn't hit you!
I went to the school Wednesday and Rope could hardly keep in his excitement about Landon, I walked in the door and the minute I asked how he was doing he had to talk about Landon...It was so cute!
Post a Comment