Landon left on his plane to Minnesota Wednesday morning, and I left with Landon's Mom (Leann) Dad (Don) Older Brother (Dan) and Younger Sister (Angel). Landon arrived in Rochester later that after noon. Driving took a lot longer!! :) We encountered HORRIBLE weather most of the way! On the Tensleep pass I wasn't so sure we were going to make it. The tension in the car was insane when we were in a total white out with sharp curves in the road. It's not a wonderful feeling when you can look out the windows and see NOTHING at all. Good thing Dan's a good driver he got us through it. We stopped in Gillette and continued on they next morning. The most boring drive I'll have to admit is through South Dakota! It's a whole lot of nothing for a long time! We did finally make it safely though! Rochester, Mn is SO cold!
Friday was the first day of wrestling Landon's first apponent was just alot of pushing in the first round, Landon pinned him quick in the second round. Second opponent was so funny!! He came up to Landon and I after Landon's first match and was like I get to wrestle you next blah blah.. Odd duck! Well Lets just say it didn't take long ;)! First round they were AGGRESIVLEY pushing each other like big bulls. Landon went for a take down and well literally THREW him off the mat. Off the mat meaning directly at Angel and I. So while recording slow motion I barly pull Angel out of the way while this giant kid hits the panel where we're standing. Yeah she probably wouldn't be doing to good right now if that were to of happen :)! The kid decides to be tough and go out for another round (NOT SMART) Landon eats him alive and pinned him like ten seconds later. Third oppent! So this one made me feel better because Landon's pinned him twice already. Although this kid from Northern, Id was tough Landon dommed him pretty well! It was pretty much a cat and mouse chase. (Landon being the cat) Landon chased this poor kid all over the mat. He was scared to death! Landon ended up pinning him in the third round.
SECOND DAY! Landon met his first match SEMI FINALS against the ranked number one guys in Nation! This one was quite exciting not for Landon's sake, but for mine. To start off the match I supposibly took Brandon Williamson's (Landon's opponent) dad's place. No one was there so thats where I went. Angel and I were getting ready to record when the dad taps me on the shoulder and tells me that is his spot because that it his son. I said well that's my husband and no one was here. He was trying to bully me about it, but Ang and I didn't move. So pretty much BORING the first round nothing happend second round it got more exciting Landon road him out the whole time. I got really excited and of course cheered for Landon when a "shut up **naughty word** "came from the side of me. I looked over and told him to .. mind his own buisness pretty much. This Dad literally started after me. Oh my heaven wrestling brings out the worst in people. Well then third round they started neutral pushing and pushing. Brandon shoots and Landon runs him over! Landon is on top now working him over and gets called for stalling (WHAT THE HECK). The kid gets in trouble for yelling.. Landon gots two near fall cuz the guy started to cry. Guess power halfs hurt... Well Landon one 7 to 0. Landon met Tyrell Fortune in the finals which we planned. It was sooo intense. LOTS OF PUSHING Tyrell shot a took Landon down. Landon got away. 1 to 2. Second round Landon chose bottom got a way 2 to 2. Landon road him the WHOLE TIME, and got riding time. So score was now 3 to 2!! Going into the third round we were in good shape Landon had it, but Landon got caught in a move thrown and pinned darn it! So Landon's NUMBER 2in the Nation!!! We are soo dang excited for him. He wrestled amazing and it was a super fun trip! We really enjoyed being able to meet all Leann's family and Thank them SO much for coming and supporting Landon!! The drive home was great weather was amazing and I was super sick with my bad cold still.. So I slept like the whole way I'd wake up every four hours starting to cough to death take meds and went back to sleep. BUT not everthing can run as smoothly. Dan's Van broke down in Buffalo, Wy. It over heated or something to that fact. Luckily we could just let it cool down and move on. We got home about 1 in the morning. Landon of course just flew and got home about 3 earlier that after noon. Lucky duck :D! Everyone had an amazing time It was such a good memory and a great scrap book page!

1 comment:
Shauna
Congratulations - the wife of a national westler. How exciting...I am glad it went well.
Post a Comment