Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Do you ever just want to pull your hair out?? :)

Pulling my hair out is seriously what I've been wanting to do lately. We've been so busy it's unrealistic. School is so good, but super crazy and hard. Past students have told us how hard third semester is and they are so right. It's a serious killer! Plus the nursing program has really cracked down to make it even more difficult since the graduating class last year only a seldom few pasted their NCLEX. Which really does make them look bad.. BUT we are loving clinicals! It's so nice to know everything your supposed to do, and actually perform procedures and things. We are really enjoying it.
Some other big things that have happened since our last post....
We sent Kolt on his mission! Wow what an amazing thing. I miss this kid so stinking much, but I really do enjoy getting all his emails and letters each week. He already is doing such amazing things he almost has the language down, and he's only been there just over a month. He's definitely where he needs to be. It just about kills me every time I read one of his letters because the majority is about this little baby girl :). Kolt always wants to know how the doctor appointments go and if she's kicking a lot. If Landon can feel her yet. We sent him the ultra sound pictures we got a couple weeks ago. He really liked that.




Villahermosa, Mexico

We were able to go home for Labor Day weekend which was so great. The boys showed their horses and did amazing at the State Fair. So we were able to have our fun at the State Fair :).



Family Tradition Ice Cream at Reeds Dairy :)
While we were home Lola Got A Haircut!!! She needed it so bad!! We just didn't realize how bad till after we picked her up here are before and after pictures!



I miss home SO much its been worse the last few weeks of pregnancy. Silly I know but I'm so ready to be home. Which our chances of going home have decreased :( Landon has decided to apply for an externship at the hospital. If he gets this that means we have to sign a 2 year contract. Well before when we decided this they only accepted 2 students. Landon has the upper hand because he's well known around here and a male, but there were 2 gals that want it really bad and work for the hospital. So I thought just maybe Land wouldn't get it and we'd GO HOME! But we heard a little rumor that they've heard "certain" people would like an externship and have increased their number. Now they will take 6 students.. Just a rumor but if that's the case we'll most likely be here. I've gone through the pro's and con's in my head so many times, but I still have a hard time.
Pro's
Landon can start working in November and get paid for his clinicals
-He will have a for sure job when we graduate
-We have an extremely cheap place to live right now
-Save alot of money so when we do get home in 2 years we can just start building our house
-He'll gain experience so when we do get home he can pretty much get what job he wants
-With the job we can buy ground that we've been looking at by my parents sooner
-New vehicle sooner
Con's-I want to go home so bad I could just die and we'd have to wait 2 whole years.
-We're having a baby girl who we really really want to raise around her Grandpa and Grandma and Brand and Roper. We don't want them to miss out on her one bit.
-We want to be home when Kolt gets home so that he can get to know this little girl since she means so much to him already.
-It's kind of a driving force to graduate when you think your going home after.
-It might not be as easy to find a job until we can take our NCLEX.
I still think our biggest reason for going home would be so we can raise our baby girl where we grew up. We want her around family and around the farm life like we were.
So I dunno what do you guys think?
Speaking of our baby girl we've officially decided on a name.
BRYLEE STELLA HARRIS
Landon and I have both loved the name Brylee since before we were married. Stella was my Great Grandma Douglass's name, who I was able to spend a lot of time with while I was little. She was an extremely amazing woman. I still miss her so much. It's funny we've been having a hard time deciding names, but when we put those together it just clicked!
Here is a picture from 21 weeks. I know I'm no 23 I'll put an updated picture soon :)


We've had some crappy things happen lately... Our OB doctor was fired. We're not sure why or what happened yet. I got an email from one of my good friends that is having a baby as well. We go to the same doctor. She gave the bad news, so I called the office they gave me little info and put me with a different doctor. We have an appointment on the 14th and I'm very nervous. I LOVED my old doctor he was absolutely amazing.. Hopefully this one will meet the mark.. We have also considered going to Cody. Guess we'll see how this appt goes.
We've also been cutting wood for the winter us as in LANDON :) What a stud muffin! I do watch and study at the same time though. I would totally help if I could bend over to pick up a log. I tried the first couple times we went out but soon wore myself out a little to much here are so me pics of Landon.

We're on our really good friends property he's been so amazing to let us do this!

On the bright side we get to go home soon! Ahhhh I'm just counting the days! It's only for an extremely short time, but I'm SO ready! I'm really excited for the boys to be able to feel the baby now that we can feel Brylee kick on the outside. They've been waiting for that for a way long time.
Well This is a monster monster post :) I'll try to do better in posting this month. Thanks for taking the time to look at our blog! :)

3 comments:

Kolleen said...

Hi Shauna it was fun to hear all about you. You look great. Kolt looks good too. Love Kolleen

Natalie said...

Love the name and your belly picture! Good luck with school....keep trudging along!:) You can do it!

Abbey said...

Hey! I am in the same situation here in Oregon. I really want to just go home but there is a chance we may not. It all depends on where there will be a job. It sounds like you guys really have an awesome set up. I would take the job at the hospital ...it wouldnt be forever. You can stay connected with the family with this blog and you can also web Cam! We do that quite a bit. Good Luck on all you choices.

You look so much like your mom. You are a really cute pregenant lady.
Abbey