Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Brylee Stella part 2

I seriously would have not made it through without #1 the most incredible husband ever and #2 the most amazing parents. The second Brylee passed away Dad jumped in the car and speed all the way to Powell, Wyoming WITH Kidney Stones might I add. He was in some excruciating pain. I am So extremely Grateful for him especially. He took everything in his hands and did and planned all that needed to be done. I couldn’t even begin to comprehend it all. There is no way we could have done it by ourselves. He made arrangements to get us home to Idaho as soon as possible, funeral home, and flower arrangements. A long with several other little details that you really wouldn’t have thought about. We were able to leave the hospital early and take our little girl home to Idaho with us. I’m so thankful for that time Landon and I had with her. (Most people wouldn’t have got this). After Brylee was taken care of at the funeral home she did look very different. Her face and body were fuller, but she was still beautiful. We really appreciate how amazing Woods Funeral Home was, and especially to Landon’s uncle Willie and Aunt Paula. They paid for and let us choose Brylee’s little white casket she was buried in. This was the day we were able to prepare and dress Brylee for the funeral. I also have to say a special thanks to my cousin Tasha Finn. She is great with a camera and took several pictures all throughout the whole funeral day. Pictures I will always cherish. It really overwhelms me to think of all the support we had from our friends and family. Everyone was so wonderful all the meals, books, money, and flowers. It was amazing to me how many of our friends and family came and supported us at Brylee’s funeral. It was wonderful, and I personally would like to thank all of you. The love Landon and I felt was so incredibly overwhelming from everyone. Especially for our Doctor Rodni Cruz from Wyoming LOVE her. She and her sweet husband drove clear from Wyoming in the middle of an AWFUL storm to be with us. I’m not even going to lie after all we had been threw I still don’t know how we made it through that day. It was so hard to greet everyone and not just fall on the floor and die. Not saying I didn’t for several weeks to come. On a better note it was really neat on the day of her funeral actually. The weather was just terrible and ugly, but when it was time to take Brylee to the cemetery the clouds literally cleared and there was a blue sky. There were only flutters of snow at the grave site. Bishop Harrigfeld conducted her services and did a wonderful job. Landon’s brother Lee gave the opening prayer followed by such a sweet tender talk from my Dad. Two girls from our ward sang a beautiful music number “Be Still My Soul”. To this day I am not able to listen to that song. Then my Grandpa Monte Piquet gave the dedicatory prayer. Brylee’s pallbearer’s were Brand and Rope my little brothers as well as Dan and Eric Landon’s Brothers. That was definitely top 5 worst moments of my whole life watching them put Brylee into the ground. Brylee lies by my sweet Great Aunt Maxine. I know Brylee is being well taken care of by her and my other great grandparents that have passed. After Brylee’s services we came back to the church where my ward had put together a lunch for everyone. The gym was completely full it was really nice. Here are a couple pictures from that day. Landon and I stayed with my parents for a little while. Landon’s brothers and their wives did bring us a lovely picture of Christ holding a little baby. I felt like our house was a jungle we had so many plants and flower arrangements all over the house. They were all very beautiful. My sweet mother came and stayed with us when we finally went back to Wyoming for several weeks. When she finally went home I even made her come back for another week. Landon and I are eternally grateful for the sacrifices that my family made for us during that time. I needed to the get these last posts finished. Its been a major struggle for me. Again I ask no one shares these ... Our blog is personal and we'd like to keep it that way without the hastle going to private. The time spent since Bry returned to our Father in Heaven has been a serious struggle for me, and no one will ever understand. I had a nurse tell me in the hospital it'll get easier. I've come to the conclusion it'll never ever get easier, but I have learned to handle everything better. Shauna and Landon Harris ps I'm excited to be able to move on with more posts that have happened the last year and half. We've been busy and I can't wait to share..

5 comments:

Camille Heidbrink said...

Shauna your so sweet to share this story with us! You are truly an amazing woman! and you do have an amazing Family! You are so loved! Love Camille :)

The Butler Family said...

Love you Shauna and Landon! Love Sheri!

Natalie said...

We are all blessed for you sharing such a personal trial. You are a strength to all of us!! We LOVE you!

Brady & Kelsey said...

Shauna, thank you for sharing. I too continue to struggle from the loss of our angel baby and it's been 5 years. I am glad to hear you cherish these pictures of your angel and of the hardest time in your life. You are amazing and know that if you ever need to talk I'm here!

The Bensons said...

The fact that you are able to share such a terrible and yet tender ordeal tells me how strong you and Landon are. Thank you for sharing and lending strength to those of us who may need it and can find it through you two.