Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend!

We were able to come home once again for father's day weekend! It was sort of a bitter sweet. Friday we attended our cousin Andrew Piquet's funeral. It was very very sad, but we all know he's in a better place now. Our condolences go out to his family. We also recieved the deal of the century! When Landon and I were first married we bought a fridge. When we moved to Powell, Wy we no longer needed it. The apartment already came with most appliances. So our brand new hardly ever been used little fridge has been in the garage for the last 10 months. We did use the freezer how ever. Stocked full actually. So we came up with the bright idea lets sell the fridge and buy a freezer. Holy Cow good Ideal right?! So our really good friend was having a garage sale. She was able to sell it for more then we were planning we were pumped. So we began our freezer hunt. Our little town of Powell is SOOO expensive with pretty much everything, but we were going to buy just a little 7 cubit freezer anyway until I called Daddy. He said to call Morgan at Northgate appliances ( who I greatly recommend) He was able to get a 13 cubit freezer for a fraction of the price of the freezers we were looking at here. So with all our extra money we went to Winco (The CHEAPEST grocery place EVER) and stocked up! Saturday we worked on Kolt's eagle project! He is making a Stake-church barbeque trailer its really brilliant acctually. It's a little trailer that has a built in barbeque and dutch oven cooker with tall sides and roof. Thanks to all the Young men and Young men leaders who came to help Kolt get his hours! Somewhere inbetween that Grandpa Piquet and I snuck away and hooked up some horses and went for a drive. It was so nice... All growing up I would go on rides with him, and it's really hard not to be able to just run over and go like Kolt and I used to everyday. I still haven't forgotten how to harness a couple teams of horses and drive lol... Well I better not of since last weekend I drove a team with Rope, Dad, and Landon in the Rigby Stampede Parade :). Sunday- Happy Fathers Day! For Daddy for fathers day I got a really big frame and made a calage of pictures from the last about 5-6 years. It turned out super neat hopefully he enjoyed it ;).. We also went to church. It was so nice to catch up with everyone from my old ward! We were able to go and visit both Grandpa's for fathers day also. Right when we decided to leave it began to POUR rain. To the point of not being able to see the road. So we held off our trip home for a couple hours. Landon really hurt his back some how so Uncle Gerald to the rescue! He was able to adjust my back also which was really nice! So we stopped at Walmart and bought heat pads and pain killers lol... We finally got on the road a dang 8:30pm TO LATE! We didn't get home till 1:30 in the morning usually it doesn't take this long but when Landon get tired he doesn't drive very fast at all + fog. Wasn't a good mix. We are both REALLY looking forward to going to bed early tonight lol! Well That's all I have for now :D!

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

Glad you got to go home and visit. Sounds like you got a good deal on the freezer... we want an extra freezer too. I hate having to drive back home, I don't think it ever gets easier :)

Cindy said...

Hey! It is so good to hear from you! I never talk to your dad anymore because I'm hardly ever up there on weekdays! It looks like youre doing great!!!