We made it through our first month of nursing school and still going strong! We are absolutely loving every minute of it and truly know this is what we're supposed to do!! A recap of somethings that we've done are Nasogastric tubes, cleaning out trachea's, colostomy and iliostomy bags, catheter's, and head to toe health assessments just to name of few. We go to school with really good fun people, which mostly are in their late thirty's which really is so nice! No college kid drama thank goodness. We have been getting amazing grades pretty much straight A's for both of us. I think when you are able to do what you really want you enjoy it more! We will be starting clinicals next week! It'll be very interesting to actually be out in the field doing work above CNA level Yeah! Which I totally don't miss! We have a couple of really good teachers also which is very nice. I love teachers that actually take the time to teach, and want you to learn as well. Right now we're working on a 10-15 page paper on the topic of our choice preferably in the field you wish to go into. I chose "Skin to Skin" Does it really create less stress for newborns? Landon hasn't quite chose his yet, but it's coming soon! That's all for now! Love you all!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
First month down :)!
We made it through our first month of nursing school and still going strong! We are absolutely loving every minute of it and truly know this is what we're supposed to do!! A recap of somethings that we've done are Nasogastric tubes, cleaning out trachea's, colostomy and iliostomy bags, catheter's, and head to toe health assessments just to name of few. We go to school with really good fun people, which mostly are in their late thirty's which really is so nice! No college kid drama thank goodness. We have been getting amazing grades pretty much straight A's for both of us. I think when you are able to do what you really want you enjoy it more! We will be starting clinicals next week! It'll be very interesting to actually be out in the field doing work above CNA level Yeah! Which I totally don't miss! We have a couple of really good teachers also which is very nice. I love teachers that actually take the time to teach, and want you to learn as well. Right now we're working on a 10-15 page paper on the topic of our choice preferably in the field you wish to go into. I chose "Skin to Skin" Does it really create less stress for newborns? Landon hasn't quite chose his yet, but it's coming soon! That's all for now! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats! I bet that feels good. Sounds like lots of dirty work to me ;) Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Good luck with the rest of this semester.
All I can say is WOW!!
way to go! It was so fun to see you guys, sorry we were in such a hurry. Come Back!
That is AWESOME! Good luck to you! Your gonna be an excellent nurse! I've seen you in action!
Post a Comment