Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Good... The Bad... The Ugly...

This week has been pretty INTENSE!!! The good... MIDTERMS are over :D!! We did extremely well!! For the first time in a long time I got a 4.0!!! Landon was so close to one also. He did amazing too! The bad... This week has been going by fast, but we have been going 100 miles an hour. We stayed up late nights doing homework consistently. We've been avoiding people with the "flu" no time to wear down. Landon's doing great but I'm wearing down drastically. Yesterday right after Landon left for practice the sides of my tongue started to ache. I looked in the mirror, and my tongue was wrinkly on the sides (if that makes any sense). Anyway super super tender Crazy uh? So whatever I just thought I'm really stressed out my body is running down I'll just take a nap. Landon woke me up when he got home. My tongue had swollen HUGE. I sounded ridiculous to talk. Landon gave me benadryl, and I passed out again. I woke up this morning my tongue just throbbing, but the swelling had gone. The Ugly so now I'm left this this lovely surprise (NOT)..

If you can't tell what this is it's a cold sore :(. I was introduced to these TERRIBLE things March of last year. I had never had one before. Landon came home with one..(wrestlers spread these yucky things like wild fire) I treated him like the plague!!! Of course I still got one.. I had it for over a month it was HUGE and HORRIBLE.. I've only had one since then.. It was just tiny and left with in the day.. I kind of expected one to come, because of the stress level I have right now. Sooo ready for it to leave!

2 comments:

Brenda P. said...

Hey Shaunsa a good things because I get those a lot especially with stress is Lysine, you can take two a day and if you feel them coming on or have one I take about 5. Hope your doing great.
Brenda

Karrianne said...

Okay I have gotten cold sores since I was like 8. i've tried EVERYTHING. now... this hurts, but it will be gone in a couple days. Here is my remedy:

If it's little, clean it with a little alcohol, then a little hydrogen peroxide, then put some Abreva or Accyclovir on it.

If it gets huge... I poke it with a little needle(sorry but it works) and THEN treat it regularly with the above mixture. Hurts like heck but it works!

It is in no way medically/scientifically based. It is just a product of growing up with millions of the little buggers and trying everything to get rid of it and finally finding something that helps! But seriously, mine only last a couple days now. It works.