Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sad sad day.. We'll miss you Lucy Lou

Daddy called Landon today. He had to put down my Lucy (Landon and my first puppy). I had her before we were married. My families other dog Sadie was her mom. Lucy moved with us after we were married. She was just like our kid :(. We took her every where from feeding the heard of cows everyday to family functions. We never left the house without Lucy. She even slept in our bed with us. She wasn't supposed to but she was a good sneaker and I couldn't say no :). Lucy thought she was a person it was great! She would make these crazy sounds all the time she thought she was talking just like everyone else, and of course we'd talk back she'd continue to babble. There were always not the greatest memories like when she was sick and puked in Landon's truck.. Bad deal but I didn't clean it up :). When we found out we were moving to Powell we were pretty devistated to leave Lucy behind. Landon's scholarship only paid for on campus housing which pets were not allowed. Daddy and mom were so generous to keep her while we were in school. It was a big guilt on me to leave her but it was for the best. She never forgot who we were though which didn't make it any easier. Every time we came home she would get so excited and so sad when we left. I really didn't think I would get so attached to a dog but wow I did! Here's some of our fun memories with our Lucy Lou.



Lucy loved going on drives and watching the cows... She always thought her place was right inbetween Landon and I:)



She had fun with her ducks we got for Easter!






She LOVED horse back rides we couldn't ever leaver her behind she was the first one in the truck!


Landon and I will sure miss our little Lucy Lou

2 comments:

Camille Heidbrink said...

Sad! I'm so sorry!

Natalie said...

I HATE dogs, but everytime one of ours dies I cry and cry. It is so hard to not be sad when you lose a part of the family. So sorry!!